Top Bar

Mental Health Resources


FPS Support Staff by Building 

A number of community-based organizations are at the ready to support our students, staff, parents and the community at large. If you or your child need support, please do not delay; reach out to one of the following:

Child & Family Guidance Center
(203) 394-6529

Fairfield Counseling Services
(203) 255-5777 ext. 15


Kids in Crisis Helpline (203) 661-1911
CT’s Young Adult Warmline (855) 6-HOPENOW
Reach Out CT (844) TALK4CT or Text “CTTALK” to 30241
Crisis Text Line Text Text “HELLO” to 741741
The Hub: Behavioral HealthAction Organization for SW CT


Finding someone to support your child’s mental health is just as important as finding a medical professional to help address physical well-being. Connecting to Care is committed to providing accurate and useful information about mental/behavioral healthcare for your child. Click here for additional resources and information.


Visit CT's Suicide Advisory Board website:

The following resources support individuals struggling to cope with stressors. 

If you or a loved one are in imminent crisis, please do not delay seeking support. You are not alone!

These hotline resources are free, confidential and available 24/7:
  • 911 or 211
  • 1 (800) 273-8255 - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
  • 1 (800) 662-HELP (English/Spanish) for SAMHSA’s National Helpline
  • Text HOME to 741-741 for Crisis Text Line
  • 1 (800) 985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66-746 for the Disaster Distress Hotline
  • 1 (866) 488-7386 or text START to 678-678 to reach The Trevor Project (LGBTQ youth)
  • 1 (800) 799-7233 or text LOVEIS to 22-522 to connect with The National Domestic Violence Hotline

TALK IT OUT: For CT parents and caregivers who need someone to listen, to understand and to talk your feelings out. Call 1 (833) 258-5011

Fairfield CARES Community Coalition has developed a great list of resources for families and students of all ages.

Fairfield Human/Social Services has social workers on staff, and a variety of programs including crisis intervention and short-term counseling. Call (203) 256-3169 or email 

United Way of Coastal Fairfield County access to mental health resources

Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) access to mental health, crisis, addiction and prevention resources