Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
Get the 2021 Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
- Eligibility requirements for the Advance Child Tax Credit
- Information on the IRS Update Portal, where those eligible can:
- Check if they are enrolled to receive advance payments
- Unenroll to stop getting advance payments
- Provide or update bank account information for monthly payments
- Information on the IRS Non-Filer Portal, where those not required to file a tax return can provide their information to determine eligibility and request advance payments.
Don't miss out
Parents/guardians of school age children are eligible to receive Advanced Child Tax Credit payments, even if you have not filed a 2019 or 2020 federal income tax return and have not used the IRS non-filer sign up tool. In addition you may not have received yourr Economic Impact (stimulus) payments or Recovery Rebate Credit. As a result they could be missing out on a substantial amount of money.
Advance CTC payments = Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
EIP = Economic Impact (stimulus) Payment (Three separate stimulus payments 1, 2 & 3)
RRC = Recovery Rebate credit
For more information, go to: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-resources-and-guidance.
Families receiving Advance Child Tax Credit payments may choose not to receive them. For example, divorced parents who alternate years when claiming their children as dependents. These families can use the IRS Manage Advance Payments tool to elect out of receiving Advance Child Tax Credit Payments.