The Common Core is a set of high-quality academic standards in mathematics and English language arts/literacy (ELA). These learning goals outline what a student should know and be able to do at the end of each grade. The standards were created to ensure that all students graduate from high school with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in college, career, and life, regardless of where they live.
Introduction to Connecticut Core Standards – ELA
In this video we will be covering:
- What are the Connecticut Core Standards?
- What are the skills the drive these standards?
- What are the ELA Anchor Standards?
- What is the difference between the Connecticut Language Arts Frameworks and the Connecticut Core Standards?
- How are the ELA standards defined?
English Language Arts 6-12 Curriculum Presentation
- Connecticut Core Standards http://ctcorestandards.org/Connecticut’s website for information regarding the standards
- National PTA http://pta.org/parents/content.cfm?ItemNumber=2583Guides to the Common Core Standards for Parents created by the National PTA
- Common Core State Standards Videos by the Council of Chief State School Officershttp://www.ccsso.org/Resources/Digital_Resources/Common_Core_Implementation_Video_Series.htmlThe Hunt Institute and CCSSO developed this series of videos featuring the authors of the standards discussing the development process and how the standards impact students.
- The Council of Great City Schools http://www.commoncoreworks.org/domain/157The Council of the Great City Schools developed a three-minute video—available in English and Spanish—that gives a brief introduction to the CCSS and that explains how the standards will help students prepare for college and career